Aluminum Pcb Manufacturing Process
Production capacity of Aluminum PCB
1) Number of Layers:1-2Layers
2) Material: Aluminum base
3) Final Thickness: 0.5-3.0mm
4) Max Size: 1200mm x 600mm
5) Insulating Layer Thickness: 50, 75, 100, 125, 150micron
7) Test Voltage: 50-300V
8) Solder Mask Colour: White, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
9) Silkscreen colour: White, Black
10) Tolerance of Profile: +/-5mil
11) Peel Strength ≥ 1.8 N/MM
12) Surface Resistance≥ 1*105 M
13) Permittivity≤ 4.4
14) Disspation Factor≤ 0.03
15) Surface Treatment: HAL(Lead free), Immersion gold/Tin, OSP, Gold plating
Aluminum PCB manufacturing process:
The aluminum pcb manufacturing process generally includes several steps. The first is the process of materializing the aluminum pcb substrate. From the material picking to the shearing, the purpose of the opening material is to cut the large size of the incoming material into the production size. The second is the drilling process. The purpose of drilling is to locate the material of the aluminum pcb substrate to assist the subsequent production process and customer assembly. The third is to display the parts needed for the circuit on the material of the aluminum pcb substrate. Then remove the extra parts outside the line, and then carry out the silk screen soldering, character flow, V-CUT, the process of the seesaw, and the single PCS line and the whole PNL board cutting are left with a small part to facilitate packaging and take out and use the line excess parts of the board are removed, and finally are test, packaging and shipment.
Aluminum PCB board unique thickness parameters：
Since the aluminum PCB board is chemically milled, the thinnest start is 30 μm.
It is well known that thicker aluminum PCB boards mainly use ultra-thin sheets of 30 μm aluminum foil.
Then, a 5 μm copper film was added according to the customer's thickness requirement.
And this copper is laminated between the aluminum and the dielectric to enhance the thermal conductivity of the device.
If you want to improve solderability, you can add a 5μm thick copper layer to the pad.
Why use aluminum PCB board?
1) Greatly improved heat dissipation without using an external heat sink
2) Very mechanically rigid base laminate
3) Significantly reduce thermal stress of components, improve reliability and MTBF
4) Relatively low cost
5) Improved heat transfer allows for thinner base copper and thinner tracking for high current designs compared to standard FR4 laminate PCB structures
Typical applications of aluminum PCB board:
Aircraft landing light
Cabin mood lighting system
High power flash
Motion transfer system
What should be paid attention to in the manufacturing process of Aluminium PCB？
1) Due to the presence of side etching, and the accuracy of the trace must be met, some compensation must be made when making the pattern, but the compensation must be determined according to the side values of the different thickness etching, and the pattern is negative.
2) Try to use a fixed size of 300 * 300 mm. The surface of the aluminum should have a protective film.
3) In the process of image processing of aluminum PCB layer, 0.3 mm epoxy board is usually used, which is the same size as aluminum PCB board, and is sealed and compacted with tape to avoid solution penetration. After copper surface treatment, the best method is to use chemical microetching, and then the wet film should be treated after baking to prevent oxidation.
4) In the aluminum PCB etching process, a test board is needed to adjust the solution to ensure the best etching effect.
5) After etching on an aluminum PCB, the best method is to use the SN solution for immediate stripping.
Tel: +86 13631550681
If you have any enquiry, please kindly send e-mail to us, we will response you timely.