Advantages and disadvantages of SMT processing
One of the most popular technologies and processes in the electronics assembly industry today is SMT surface mount technology (surface mount technology). It is a circuit mounting technique in which a leadless or short lead surface mount component is mounted on the surface of a printed circuit board or other substrate and soldered by reflow soldering or dip soldering. The following Xinda Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of the SMT processing process for you.
First, the advantage of SMT processing process:
1. The processing density of SMT processing is high, the size of electronic product is small, and the weight is light. The volume and weight of SMT components are only about 1/10 of that of traditional plug-in components. After SMT is generally used, the volume of electronic products is reduced by 40% to 60%. The weight is reduced by 60%-80%.
2. High reliability and strong anti-vibration ability. The solder joint defect rate is low.
3. Easy to achieve automation, improve production efficiency, reduce costs by 30% to 50%.
4. Save material, energy, equipment,manpower, time, etc
Second, the disadvantage of SMT processing
1. Connection technical issues.(Thermal stress during brazing).The body of the part during soldering is directly subjected to thermal stress during soldering and there is a risk of heating several times.
2. Reliability issues. When assembled to the PCB, the electrode material is fixed with the solder, and the deflection of the buffer PCB without the lead is directly applied to the part body or the solder joint portion, so the pressure caused by the difference in the amount of solder causes the part body to the broken.
3. PCB testing and rework issues. As SMT integration becomes more and more high, PCB testing becomes more and more difficult, the position of needles is getting less and less, and the cost of testing equipment and rework equipment is not a small amount.