Characteristics, structure and use of aluminum substrate
Characteristics of aluminum substrate
1. Using surface mount technology (SMT);
2. Extremely effective treatment of thermal diffusion in circuit design schemes;
3. Reduce product operating temperature, improve product power density and reliability, and extend product service life;
4. Reduce product size, reduce hardware and assembly costs;
5. Replace fragile ceramic substrate for better mechanical durability.
Structure of PCB aluminum substrate
PCB aluminum-based copper clad laminate is a metal circuit board material consisting of copper foil, thermally conductive insulation layer, and metal substrate. Its structure is divided into three layers:
Cireuitl.Layer circuit layer: It is equivalent to the copper clad board of ordinary PCB, and the thickness of the copper foil of the circuit is loz to 10oz.
Dielcctric Layer insulation layer: The insulation layer is a layer of low thermal resistance thermally conductive insulating material. Thickness: 0.003 "to 0.006" inches is the core technology of aluminum-based copper clad laminates and has been UL certified.
Base Layer: It is a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper. Aluminum-based copper clad laminates and traditional epoxy glass cloth laminates.
PCB aluminum substrate is composed of circuit layer, thermal conductive insulation layer and metal base layer. The circuit layer (ie copper foil) is usually etched to form a printed circuit to connect the various components of the module to each other. In general, the circuit layer requires a large current-carrying capacity. Therefore, a thicker copper foil should be used. 280μm; thermal conductive insulation layer is the core technology of PCB aluminum substrate. It is generally composed of a special polymer filled with special ceramics. It has low thermal resistance, excellent viscoelasticity, and has the ability to resist thermal aging. . T-101, T-111, T-112, T-113, T-114 and T-200, T-300, T-400, T-500, T-600 and other high-performance PCB aluminum substrates This technology is used to make it have excellent thermal conductivity and high-strength electrical insulation performance; the metal base layer is a supporting member of the aluminum substrate, which requires high thermal conductivity. Generally, it is an aluminum plate, and a copper plate (where Provide better thermal conductivity), suitable for conventional machining such as drilling, punching and cutting. PCB materials have incomparable advantages compared to other materials. Suitable for surface mount SMT technology of power components. No heat sink is needed, the volume is greatly reduced, the heat dissipation effect is excellent, and the good insulation performance and mechanical performance.
PCB aluminum substrate use
1. Audio equipment: input, output amplifier, balanced amplifier, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier, etc.
2. Power supply equipment: switching regulator `DC / AC converter` SW regulator, etc.
3. Communication electronic equipment: high-frequency amplifier `filter electrical appliances` reporting circuit.
4. Office automation equipment: motor driver, etc.
5. Automobile: electronic regulator `igniter` power controller, etc.
6. Computer: CPU board `floppy disk drive` power supply unit, etc.
7. Power module: converter `solid relay` rectifier bridge, etc.
8. Lamps and lanterns: With the promotion and promotion of energy-saving lamps, aluminum substrates used in LED lamps have also begun to be applied on a large scale.