Features of LED aluminum PCB
The heat dissipation problem of LED is the most headache problem for LED manufacturers. However, an aluminum substrate can be used because aluminum has a high thermal conductivity and good heat dissipation, which can effectively discharge internal heat. The aluminum substrate is a unique metal-based copper-clad board, which has good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation properties, and machining properties. Design the PCB as close to the aluminum base as possible to reduce the thermal resistance of the potting compound.
First, the characteristics of aluminum substrate
1. Use surface mount technology (SMT);
2. Extremely effective treatment of thermal diffusion in circuit design schemes;
3. Reduce product operating temperature, increase product power density and reliability, and extend product life;
4. Reduce product size, reduce hardware and assembly costs;
5. Replace fragile ceramic substrate for better mechanical durability.
Structure of aluminum substrate
Aluminum-based copper clad board is a metal circuit board material consisting of copper foil, thermally conductive insulation layer and metal substrate. Its structure is divided into three layers:
Cireuitl.Layer circuit layer: It is equivalent to the copper clad board of ordinary PCB, and the thickness of the copper foil of the circuit is loz to 10oz.
DiELcctricLayer insulation layer: The insulation layer is a layer of low thermal resistance thermally conductive insulating material.
BaseLayer: It is a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper. Aluminum-based copper clad laminates and traditional epoxy glass cloth laminates.
The circuit layer (ie copper foil) is usually etched to form a printed circuit to connect the various components of the component to each other. In general, the circuit layer requires a large current-carrying capacity. Therefore, a thicker copper foil should be used. 280μm; the thermal insulation layer is the core technology of the aluminum substrate. It is generally composed of a special polymer filled with a special ceramic. It has low thermal resistance, excellent viscoelasticity, and has the ability to resist thermal aging.
The high-performance aluminum substrate's thermally conductive insulating layer uses this technology to make it have excellent thermal conductivity and high-strength electrical insulation. The metal base layer is a supporting member of the aluminum substrate and requires high thermal conductivity. Generally, it is an aluminum plate. Copper plates can also be used (where copper plates can provide better thermal conductivity), which is suitable for conventional machining such as drilling, punching and cutting. PCB materials have incomparable advantages compared to other materials. Suitable for surface mount SMT technology of power components. No heat sink is needed, the volume is greatly reduced, the heat dissipation effect is excellent, and the good insulation performance and mechanical performance.
Third, the use of aluminum substrate:
Uses: Power Hybrid IC (HIC).
1. Audio equipment: input, output amplifier, balanced amplifier, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier, etc.
2. Power supply equipment: switching regulator `DC / AC converter` SW regulator, etc.
3. Communication electronic equipment: high-frequency amplifier `filtering electrical appliances` reporting circuit.
4. Office automation equipment: motor drivers, etc.
5. Automobile: electronic regulator `ignitor` power controller, etc.
6. Computer: CPU board, floppy disk drive, power supply unit, etc.
7. Power module: converter `solid relay` rectifier bridge, etc.