PCB circuit board material classification
The substrate is the basic material for manufacturing a PCB circuit board. Generally, a PCB substrate is composed of a resin, a reinforcing material, and a conductive material, and is of many types. Resins are more common in epoxy resins, phenolic resins, and the like. Reinforcing materials include paper base, glass cloth, and the like. The most commonly used conductive material is copper foil, which is divided into electrolytic copper foil and rolled copper foil.
PCB substrate material classification:
First, according to different materials:
1. Paper substrate (FR-1, FR-2, FR-3);
2. Epoxy glass fiber cloth substrate (FR-4, FR-5);
3. Composite substrate (CEM-1, CEM-3 (composite epoxy grade-3);
4. HDI (High Density Internet) (RCC);
Special substrates (metal substrates, ceramic substrates, thermoplastic substrates, etc.)
Second, according to the flame retardant properties:
1. Flame retardant type (UL94-V0, UL94V1);
2. Non-flame retardant type (UL94-HB grade).
Third, according to the resin:
1. a phenolic resin sheet;
2. Epoxy board;
3.Polyester resin board;
4.BT resin board;
5. PI resin board.