Factors Affecting The Processing Price Of PCB
The cost calculation of the PCB industry is the most special and complicated in all industries. From material opening, pressing, forming, to FQC, packaging, completion and storage, the cost of materials, labor, and manufacturing costs required according to each process are required. Perform step-by-step accounting, and then accumulate costs in batches according to the order product number.
Circuit board PCB processing is a OEM customer's foundry product. Different customers' customized products are different, and there are rarely shared products. On the other hand, due to quality considerations, some customers may also specify the use of In order to meet the quality and cost control requirements of a manufacturer's substrate, or ink, etc., there are variable prices for PCB processing.
PCB prices are made up of several factors:
First, the different materials used in PCB cause price diversity.
Take the ordinary double-sided board as an example, the sheet materials generally include FR-4, CEM-3, etc., the sheet thickness varies from 0.6mm to 3.0mm, and the copper thickness varies from 1Oz to 3 Oz. There is a huge price difference; in terms of solder resist inks, there is also a certain price difference between ordinary thermosetting oil and photosensitive green oil, so the difference in materials has caused price diversity.
Second, the different production processes used by PCB cause price diversity.
Different production processes cause different costs. For example, gold-plated plates and tin-sprayed plates, the production of gong (milling) plates and beer (punching) plates, and the use of silk screen lines and dry film lines will result in different costs, leading to price diversity.
Third, the price of PCB caused by different difficulties.
Even if the materials are the same and the process is the same, the PCB itself will cause different costs due to different difficulties. For example, if there are 1000 holes on both circuit boards, the hole diameter of one board is greater than 0.6mm and the hole diameter of the other board is less than 0.6mm, different drilling costs will be formed; if the other two kinds of circuit boards are the same, but the line width and space are Different, one is more than 0.2mm, and one is less than 0.2mm, it will also cause different production costs, because the scrap rate of difficult boards is high, the cost will inevitably increase, which will cause the price diversity.
Fourth, different customer requirements will also cause different prices.
The level of customer requirements will directly affect the yield of the board factory. For example, a board according to IPC-A-600E, class1 requires a 98% pass rate, but according to class3 requirements, it may only have a 90% pass rate, resulting in different costs for the board factory , And finally lead to changeable product prices.
5. Price diversity caused by different PCB manufacturers.
Even for the same product, because different manufacturers have different process equipment and technology levels, they will also have different costs. Many manufacturers nowadays like to produce gold-plated plates because of the simple process and low cost, but some manufacturers also produce gold-plated plates. As a result of the increase in cost, they would rather produce tin-plated plates, and their quotes for tin-plated plates are lower than gold-plated plates.
6. Price differences caused by different payment methods.
At present, PCB board manufacturers generally adjust PCB prices according to different payment methods, ranging from 5% to 10%, which also causes price differences.
Diversity of prices due to regional differences
At present, from the geographical position in China, the price is increasing from south to north, and there are certain differences in prices in different regions. Therefore, different regions have also caused price diversity. How to calculate PCB quotes!
1. Plate costs (different plate costs are different)
2. Drilling costs (the number of holes and the size of the holes affect the drilling costs)
3. Process costs (different process requirements of the board lead to different process difficulties and even price differences)
4, artificial hydropower plus management costs (this cost depends on the cost control of various factories, relatively speaking, Taiwan-funded factories are low in many countries) The basic composition is this, as for the price of raw materials, now basically stabilized, rising The price is unlikely.
Eight, as far as the plate is concerned: the main factors affecting the price are as follows:
1. Sheet material: FR-4, CEM-3. This is our common double-sided and multi-layer sheet. Its price is also related to the thickness of the board and the thickness of copper and platinum in the middle of the board. FR-I, CEM-1 It is our common single board material, and the price of this material is much different from the double-sided and multi-layer boards above.
2. It is the thickness of the plate. The thickness we usually see is: 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0, 3.4, and the thickness and price difference of our conventional plates are not very large.
3. The thickness of copper and platinum will affect the price. The thickness of copper and platinum is generally divided into: 18 (2 / 1oz), 35 (1oz), 70 (2oz), 105 (3oz), 140 (4oz), etc.
4. Suppliers of raw materials, which are common and commonly used by everyone: Shengyi Jianjian Taobao International, etc. Process costs:
Nine, other factors of PCB circuit board production
1. Depending on the circuit on the PCB, if the wire density is thin (below 4 / 4mm), the price will be calculated separately.
2. There is also a BGA on the board, so the cost will increase relatively, and in some places, how much is BGA?
3. Depending on the surface treatment process, we usually have: lead spray tin (hot air leveling), OSP (environmental protection board), spray pure tin, tin, silver, gold and so on. Prices will also vary.
4. It also depends on the process standard; we commonly use: IPC2 level, but some customers will have higher requirements (such as Japanese capital) we commonly have: IPC2, IPC3, enterprise standard, military standard, etc., of course, the higher the standard , The price will also be higher.
Each PCB sold in the PCB industry is customized by the customer. Therefore, the quotation of the PCB board needs to be costed first. At the same time, it is also necessary to refer to the PCB computer for automatic imposition calculation. Comprehensive quote.
The cost calculation of the PCB industry is the most special and complicated in all industries. From material opening, pressing, forming, to FQC, packaging, completion and storage, the cost of materials, labor, and manufacturing costs required according to each process are required. Perform step-by-step accounting, and then accumulate costs in batches according to the order product number. And for different types of products, the standard rates for their processes will differ. For some products, such as blind buried plate, immersion gold plate, and copper base plate, because of the speciality of the process or all materials, special calculation methods must be adopted for this. Similarly, the size of the drill used in the drilling process will also affect the cost of the product, which directly affects the calculation and evaluation of WIP costs and scrap costs.