Ventilator-blood Gas Analysis
First check whether the airway is unobstructed, the position of the tracheal tube, whether the air intake of the two lungs is good, whether the ventilator is normally delivering air, and whether there is leakage.
1. When PaO2 is too low:
(1) Increase oxygen concentration
(2) Increase the PEEP value
(3) Insufficient ventilation can increase the ventilation volume per minute, prolong the inspiration time, stay at the end of inspiration, etc.
2. When PaO2 is too high:
(1) Reduce oxygen concentration
(2) Gradually reduce the PEEP value.
3. When PaCO2 is too high:
(1) Increase breathing frequency
(2) Increase tidal volume: the fixed volume type can be directly adjusted, the fixed pressure type increases the pre-adjusted pressure, the regular type increases the flow rate and the pressure limit.
4. When PaCO2 is too low:
(1) Slow down the breathing rate. The expiration and inhalation time can be extended at the same time, but the extension of the exhalation time should be the main, otherwise it will have the opposite effect. It can be changed to IMV mode if necessary.
(2) Reduce the tidal volume: the fixed volume type can be directly adjusted, the fixed pressure type can reduce the pre-adjusted pressure, and the regular type can reduce the flow rate and the pressure limit.